UI Libraries are now accepting course reserve lists for the upcoming Spring semester at the Main Library, Hardin Library, and branch libraries. Please note the following changes. Not all libraries are offering to place print books on Course Reserve for spring 2021. Online access to books through HathiTrust’s Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS) ends December 28, 2020. If a title was used in the Fall semester, you will need to contact your library to verify access for the Spring semester.
Requesting Materials for Course Reserve
- Physical access to books is projected to resume by January 25, 2021. Access to library collections for in-person check-outs will vary by library.
- E-books. Library staff will search for a requested eBook title; if an eBook is unavailable the instructor will be notified.
- ILL service. When no eBook is available, instructors may request chapters for posting on ICON from our ILL department. The amount of individual book chapters requested is determined through the Fair Use checklist.
- Streaming video. Library staff will search for a streaming video option. If unavailable, then the instructor will be notified.
- Journal articles. If you need a PDF of a journal article or book chapter, please submit a request through Interlibrary Loan. Instructions on how to upload a PDF to ICON are available here.
- HATHI Trust (ETAS) will be discontinued December 28, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact your library before placing requests for reserve material. Useful links, online request forms, and contact information: http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/services/courseres/