- Blog post: Norwalk High School Artists Connect with History to Inspire New Creative Work by Heather Wacha. Read more.
- Blog post: March 30: Felicia Rice “Doc/Undoc” performance followed by a public conversation with Guillermo Gómez-Peña. Read more.
- Old Gold: The View From Above: UI archivist shares websites that feature aerial photos of campus, state by David McCartney. Read more.
- Wednesday, 3/30: Felicia Rice, Doc/Undoc (lecture performance), followed by a public conversation with Guillermo Gόmez-Pẽna (5 PM, Special Collections Reading Room). Read more.
- Wednesday, 3/30: Historic Foodies Meeting (6:00-8:00 PM, Iowa City Public Library, Meeting Room B).
- Wednesday, 4/13: Iowa Bibliophiles, Jane Murphy and Mark Brookfield, 36 year partners in Murphy-Brookfield Books, will talk about the enormous changes brought on by Internet bookselling in the last 20+ years. (Refreshments 6:30 PM, Talk 7:00 PM, Special Collections Reading Room).
- DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 15, 2016: Apply for the Linda and Richard Kerber fund for financial support for those traveling to do research in the Iowa Women’s Archives. Read more.
Spring Break week we had two class sessions: one from Grinnell and one from Coe College. Special collections staff co-taught a one credit museums studies spring break course with campus museum curators.
This week, we’re clearly back in business! We’ve supported 12 class sessions including: a graduate Spanish class, a graduate English class, a high school visit to see medieval manuscripts, English as a Second Language, Center for the Book, undergraduate English, and a class for the School of Library and Information Science. – Amy Chen
These broadsides have been here for some time, but haven’t made it all the way through processing yet, so I’m still counting them as new! I’ve been walking by them every day admiring the color and fine lines of the illustrations. -Margaret Gamm xf PS3569 P48 R3 1986
- Half music, half murmur / David Hamilton. Iowa City : Empyrean Press, 2009. x-Collection Broadside FOLIO PS3558.A44279 H35 2009
- Rabbits do not know what they are : aphorism / by Jack Spicer. Los Angeles, Calif. : Printed at the Bieler Press for Granary Books, 1986. x-Collection Broadside FOLIO PS3569.P48 R3 1986
- Jurassic seas / Hugh Fox. Santa Barbara, Calif. : Mudborn Press, c1979. x-Collection Broadside FOLIO PS3556.O9 J87 1979
- The Iowa Women’s Archives had a post featured by Tumblr as part of a special curated group of posts for Women’s History Month. Consequently, the post now has nearly 1000 likes and reblogs. See the post about Gwendolyn Fowler and life after graduating as a certified pharmacist from the State University of Iowa in 1936 here: http://iowawomensarchives.tumblr.com/post/139180162183/top-gwendolyn-fowler-in-honolulu-bottom-fowler
- In this episode of Staxpeditions a trip to the DQ call number range does lead to book exploration, but also to thoughts that drift to another DQ…
Donate to the University Libraries’ Special Collections Fund
Want to stay connected? Follow us on social media: