The Iowa City Book Festival would like three interns to help with every aspect of planning and promotion of the 2012 Festival. Interns must be in Iowa City for the summer of 2012.
- Programming intern will assist the Programming Director and committee in all aspects of developing the festival program – researching potential authors, researching publishers and publicists, attending committee meetings and taking minutes.
- Marketing intern will assist the Marketing and Communications Director and committee in all aspects of the marketing and publicity work for promotion – generating, organizing, and implementing various promotional plans, social media generation, media contact research, distributing promotional materials.
- Fundraising intern will assist the Executive Director and committee in all aspects of fundraising for the ICBF – writing grant applications, working with donors, corresponding with local businesses, planning and implementation of fundraising events.
Some duties will be based on experience and skills of the intern, others on the need of the committee. Scope of responsibilities is to assist in planning and organizing for the Iowa City Book Festival.
** Please keep in mind that from Friday, July 6 through the weekend of July 13-15, a schedule of longer hours will be required.
Applicants should be aware that not all duties will be equally challenging, but all will be duties that are regularly performed by committee members during the process of planning the ICBF. Upon completion of the 2012 ICBF, the confident and successful intern will receive letters of recommendation from the ICBF planning committee.
- Current enrollment or acceptance at the University of Iowa
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills and online research abilities
The ICBF committee expects the intern to work five to ten hours a week for the remainder of the Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 semesters, then ten to twelve hours per week in the summer which includes attending committee meetings. The intern will receive supervision and evaluation from Kristi Bontrager, Director, ICBF; Karen Fischer, Programming Director; and Allison Means, Marketing Director.
Please submit your resume to Kristi Bontrager, Director, Iowa City Book Festival (firstname.lastname@example.org).