Hardin Library construction continues on all floors this semester.
- 24-hour study restroom remodeling has begun! The men’s restroom has been modified to work during construction as a single-user/gender-neutral restroom. The women’s restroom is under renovation to be a single-user/gender-neutral restroom. After that renovation is complete, the current men’s restroom will also be remodeled as a true single-user/gender-neutral restroom.
- The 24-hour study remains open when Hardin is closed. The 24-hour study is available to affiliates with an Iowa One Card or UIHC badge.
- The 3rd and 4th floor restrooms have been renovated and are open! All are now handicapped-accessible.
- All entrances are open, including the 1st floor, closest to parking and bus stops.
- On the 1st floor, the restrooms are under renovation and office space for Environmental Health and Safety (OVPR) staff is being constructed. Library study tables are still available.
- The 2nd floor restrooms are under renovation.
- All print books on the 4th floor dated before 2010 have been sent to offsite storage in Iowa City but can be requested through the catalog for delivery to Hardin, your office, or, in most cases, your home (delivery to dorm rooms is not available). The empty bookstacks will be removed this semester.
4th Floor renovations paid for by a generous grant from the Roy J. Carver Trust.