- In Iowa, there are over 33, 00 registered nurses
- UIHC employs over 1800 professional nurses
- 10 UIHC nurses were recently added to the list of 100 Great Iowa Nurses for 2012: https://www.uihealthcare.org/Newsarticle.aspx?id=230468
- The UI College of Nursing is rated 11th by US News and World Report
- In 2011, Americans again voted nurses the most trusted profession in America for the 12th time in 13 years in the annual Gallup poll that ranks professions for their honesty and ethical standards.
- Nursing is the largest of the health care professions, and continues to grow. More job growth is projected in nursing than in any other occupation between 2008 and 2018.
- The profession has grown by 5.3 percent since 2004, a net growth of more than 150,000 RNs.