The University of Iowa Libraries’ Main Library Gallery is now seeking exhibition proposals for spring 2025, fall 2025, spring 2026, and fall 2026.
University of Iowa faculty and staff are invited to submit initial statements of interest for consideration during Round 1 of the selection process through March 31, 2023. Proposals from across campus are welcome, and faculty and staff from all areas of expertise are eligible to curate an exhibition.
Exhibits for the Main Library Gallery must showcase materials from the University of Iowa Libraries. Two key purposes of the Gallery are to increase visibility of UI Libraries collections, and to share unique research from our campus community through those collections.
- March 31: Deadline for initial statements of interest (round 1).
- April 7: Round 1 decisions are announced. Finalists are invited to write complete proposals (round 2).
- July 14: Deadline for finalist exhibition proposals (round 2).
- August 1: 2025 – 2026 exhibitions are announced. Four total proposals will be selected for production.
Complete details about exhibit proposal submission can be found on the Main Library Gallery website, including:
- Submission form for statements of interest (round 1)
- Exhibit proposal guidelines and process
- Exhibit proposal examples (for statement of interest and for finalist proposals)
- Past selected exhibitions
Learn more about the Main Library Gallery here.