PubMed Central (PMC), a free archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM) now has a new look. According to the July 15th issue of the NIH/NLM’s Technical Bulletin, the new “interface-lift” will “not only enhance its overall look and feel but also provide users with easier access to PMC resources and information.”
The new interface offers:
- A revamped homepage, which offers better navigation through the site as well as direct access to resources such as the Users’ Guide and NIH Public Access information
- Redesigned Advanced Search and Limits pages
- An updated search results format
- Direct access to images in PMC articles
- A new organization and updated appearance for PMC’s informational pages, including drop-down menus for navigation links
Go to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/pubs/techbull/ja11/ja11_pmc.html for a complete list of updates.