The University of Iowa Parking & Transportation Department is removing coin-operated meters across the entire University and the meters at Hardin Library were removed on October 25, 2021. Contact Parking & Transportation. If you were ticketed in error, appeal your parking ticket.
- 30-minute parking available in one space. Push the button on the meter for 30 minutes of parking. Enforced 24 hours per day.
- Pay for parking with the Passport Parking application. This requires a credit/debit card and smartphone. Use Passport Parking Passport Parking App – Park. Pay. Be on Your Way. to set up an account. Meters require payment from 7:30am-11pm. More information on mobile parking payments.
- Park at the Newton Road Ramp which is usually open to the public. The ramp is about two long blocks from the library.
Newton Road Ramp | Parking and Transportation – The University of Iowa (uiowa.edu)
Having trouble getting here? Other are some other service options.
- Contact us–we will help you even if you aren’t affiliated with The University of Iowa, but services may be limited.
- Return books to any other University of Iowa library or send them back to us in Campus Mail.
- Ask for home delivery. Only available to University of Iowa affiliates.
- Request scans of articles in print-only journals with an interlibrary loan request. Only available to University of Iowa Affiliates. Journal articles available to others with fees.
- Request office delivery of books from the InfoHawk+ catalog. Materials may also be sent to other University of Iowa libraries for pick-up. Office delivery can take up to 5 business days.
Do not park at the VA hospital unless you are a patient or family member of a patient. You will be towed.