The Hardin Library for the Health Sciences has a 24-hour study available for current UI students, faculty and staff. The study is available 24×7 and has 5 PC computers available.
In order to use the study when the library is closed, you must first apply for access. Apply for access at the Hardin Library 3rd Floor Reference Desk whenever the library is open! You must request access in person only.
The study has a drinking fountain, bottle filler, and male and female restrooms available.
Hardin Library 24 hour study user guidelines-
1. At library closing time, Hardin staff may ask for verification that you are affiliated with The University of Iowa.
2. In order to prevent theft, all bags present in the 24-hour study at library closing time will be searched for library materials. If you do not wish to have your bags searched, you may exit through the library entrance and return to the study after closing.
3. The study is a quiet area, not a group study.
4. If you do not have access to the study and are affiliated UI, you may stay in the study after library closing time. If you leave the study, you will not be able to return.
5. Users who are disruptive to other users may have their privileges revoked.
6. You may have food and drinks in the study following the Hardin Library rules: no hot food, no smelly food, no messy food.