Visit the Business Library’s service desk to see if your textbook is available for loan. You can also use InfoHawk+ (available on the Business Library Web page) to find out which materials your instructor has placed on reserve. Select “Course Reserves” from the pull-down at the right of the search bar and then type the course number, book title, etc.
UI students, faculty, and staff can now read the enhanced New York Times on their laptop, mobile phone, or other device. To gain access:
- While on campus, register for free at http://AccessNYT.com
- After registration, access the Times on any device at https://www.nytimes.com
Enjoy articles on world events, art, style, and more.
The Business Library is ready to assist you this fall! Service desk hours will be:
Monday—Thursday 8:00 am—8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am—5:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday Closed
You can also contact us by chat, e-mail, or phone.
Summer hours, May 17-August 22, for the Business Library service desk are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday, Closed. The desk is also closed Monday, July 5.
Contact us online for assistance.
We are two weeks away from the last week of classes! Now is the time when you may be busily working on those research papers, slide decks, and assignments. Don’t forget Business Library is here for you!
- Need help defining your topic? We got you!
- Need help finding that last source? No problem!
- Haven’t started yet? You still have time! We can help!
Where to find it: You can find it on the Business library web site’s alphabetical list of databases.
Use it to find:
- Statistics – Includes data on: the economy, companies, countries, products, demographics, media & advertising, healthcare and medical conditions.
- Industry reports –A variety of industries, including popular categories such as: Sports & Recreation, Consumer Goods and FMCG, Media & Advertising, Technology & Telecommunications, and Internet
- Dossiers (collections on a specific topic) – On about 80,000 popular topics. Provided in PowerPoint format
- Infographics – New Infographics released daily
- Tips for searching – Use the search box to do a keyword search.
Within a search use the left sidebar to limit your search to Statistics, Studies, Dossiers & Industry-Reports, Topics, or Infographics.
Statista is really fun to browse as it is so visual.
Mouse over the drop down menus “Our Services”, “Markets & Topics”, and “Infographics” to further explore this database.
Planning on attending the Job Fair on Wednesday?
Get prepared by researching companies that might be present.
Try these resources:
Vault Campus – Offers information for job seekers and researchers needing insight into a company’s corporate culture. Provides employer profiles, career advice, and Vault’s “best companies to work for” rankings. Also includes Vault’s interview, career, and industry guidebooks.
Nexis Uni – Offers information on public and private companies. Includes company history, hierarchy, executives, filings, etc. Click on “Menu” at the top, then select “Company Dossier” from the dropdown menu to access the Business Search.
Mergent – Offers up-to-date company description, history, financials, competitors and more.