The Hardin Library building will be closed this summer for renovations beginning Saturday, May 14, and reopening on Tuesday, August 17. Staff have been busy planning how to provide service during this time.
- Two temporary locations will be set up where library users can pick up materials and consult with staff. One location will be in MERF (375 Newton Rd.) in the atrium, and will be open 7:30 am-6:00 pm Monday-Friday and 1:00-5:00 pm Sunday. Simulation Center equipment will also be relocated to MERF and available Monday-Friday. Much of the reserve book collection will be available at this location. A few computers will be available, also.
- A second library location will be situated in the Pharmacy Building Computer Lab (115 South Grand Ave.). That location will be open 7:30 am-5:00 pm, Monday-Friday. Computers and printing will be available to all users.
- Library patrons will be able to request books from the Hardin collection using InfoHawk’s Request feature. Because staff will only be able to enter the building once per day, it may take as long as two days for materials to be pulled. Requested material can be delivered to offices via campus mail or can be picked up at one of the temporary locations or at another UI library.
- Books checked out to faculty, graduate/professional students, and undergraduate honors students which are currently due in June 2011 will be automatically renewed until June 2012. An email will be sent to users whose books are automatically renewed. Please be aware that this only applies to books checked out from Hardin Library on long-term loans (due annually in June).
- If you have materials you need to return with the library is closed, you have several options.
- Return materials to any other University Library.
- Return materials to the Hardin Library summer locations at the MERF Atrium, or Pharmacy Building Computer Lab Room 129 when the locations are open.
- Return materials to the relocated book drop at the Newton Road Parking ramp. (Available beginning Friday, May 13).
- Return materials via Campus Mail. Put them in envelopes, and address them:
If you have questions about returns, please feel free to contact Sarah Andrews, Access Services Supervisor for Hardin Library.
We’ll post more details as they become available. If you have questions, contact Hardin Reference staff at 319-335-9150 or email@example.com.