For the second portion of this summer fellowship, I’ve been focused on editing and organizing the digital collection for the Wallach Project. This requires editing, formatting, tagging, and categorizing hundreds of items before they are able to “go live” on the site. I am still making my way through these items, and imagine that this portion of the project will be ongoing. In the future, there will be a submission form on the Wallach Project website which will allow people to add their own items to the collection, streamlining how much work has to happen on the back end of the website.
I am satisfied with the progress that I have made this summer, though I know this project will be ever-evolving. There is still a significant amount of work to do before launching the site, it turns out this project was quite the undertaking. Even so – I have learned a great deal about building a website on WordPress, and feel much more confident in my ability to problem solve as I move forward. I will continue to edit photos, and build the digital collection.
The Digital Scholarship and Publishing fellowship has allowed me to dive deep into this work, something I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to do. I am proud that the nonprofit will now have a public home, and will ideally be a resource for future scholars as well as family and community interested in the Wallach story.