Skip to content
Skip to main content

Moving The Music Library

Monday, January 5, 2009 Since we don’t know how long the music library will be inaccessible or even if the building will remain, the music collection needed to be moved. The Music Library began it’s move to the Main Library today and will probably take two weeks. The preparation for this move actually started inContinue reading “Moving The Music Library”

Music Rare Book Room Project Continues in the Dark

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 It’s business as usual in spite of the challenges. About a year ago, Gary Frost and Linda Lundy started a boxing project for the Music Library rare books. Gary takes the measurements and Linda makes the boxes. In the past, Gary would go over to the rare book room, take theContinue reading “Music Rare Book Room Project Continues in the Dark”

Cooked Books

Thursday, July 17, 2008 (continued) This time everything went off as planned and we were in the building shortly after 7PM! The first thing we noticed was how incredibly hot and dry it was – 98.2 degrees with R/H 30%! The air tubes are shut down but they have achieved good air flow with fans. Kristin andContinue reading “Cooked Books”

Locked Out!

Monday, July 14, 2008 I packed my shoes, flashlight, and face mask in happy anticipation that we would finally be able to get into the Art and Music libraries. Once at the library I spent a little bit of time with staff. We continue to slowly get the preservation basement area back into some semblanceContinue reading “Locked Out!”