Due to popular demand, the Sciences Library will be offering three workshops on Citation Management Tools, next week in W238 CB. Sessions will be held on:
- Monday (10/15) at 5-6 PM
- Tuesday (10/16) at 5-6 PM
- Friday (10/19) at 8-9 AM
RefWorks will be the main focus of these sessions, since all UI students, faculty and staff are eligible for a free account, but questions regarding other tools such as EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley, etc. will be addressed. At this workshop you will learn:
- How to set up a free RefWorks account;
- How to export citations from databases into RefWorks and other tools;
- How to use RefWorks to organize and share citations;
- How to use RefWorks to format footnotes and bibliographies in Microsoft Word using multiple formatting styles.
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions, you are welcome to stop by E258 CB during the Librarian Office Hours (Tuesdays 11 AM – 1 PM; Wednesdays 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM; and Thursdays 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM) for individual or small group instruction on this topic and others. You can also meet with Sara Scheib one-on-one, or stop by the Sciences Library, at your convenience.
Please contact Sara Scheib if you have any questions.