The University of Iowa Libraries has added a new reference database to its collection: AccessScience. AccessScience is available to students, faculty and staff of the University of Iowa and can be accessed both on and off-campus.
- Over 8,500 online articles from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th edition, written by more than 5000 researchers;
- Research updates from the McGraw-Hill Yearbooks of Science & Technology;
- 110,000+ definitions from the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms;
- 2,000+ biographies of well-known scientists from the Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography
- Science and technology news and videos from Science News and ScienCentral.
Other features include:
- Multimedia collections of animations, videos and images;
- Q & A section with user-submitted questions and expert answers;
- Topical study guides and ideas for essay topics;
- Bibliographies with literature citations organized by topic.
AccessScience is an excellent place for science & technology researchers to begin their search. It provides an authoritative general overview of science & technology topics and guides researchers to other relevant and reliable sources for further study. If you would like a demonstration of this new database, please contact the Sciences Library (335-3083).