Join Bill Fuhr from the Davenport Patent and Trademarks Resource Center for a Patent & Trademark Workshop. There will be two sessions:
- Focus on Engineering & Science: Wednesday, June 27th at 10:00am – 11:30am in the Engineering Library (2001C SC)
- Focus on General Research: Wednesday, June 27th at 1:00pm – 2:30pm in the Main Library (1015A)
Register at: http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/forms/patent.html.
- Overview of Patents & Trademarks
- Types of patents (utility, design, plant)
- Components of a patent
- Structure of classification system
- Trademarks searching
- When should you seek legal advice?
- Electronic application discussion
- Comparision of interfaces between USPTO and other search mechanisms (Google, etc.)
- Resources at the Davenport Patent & Trademark Resource Center