Imagine! Tinker! Design! Create!
We’re Having an Open House!
The Oculus Rift and one of the two new 43” (4K) quad monitors!
We are having an Open House on September 8 from 2:30 to 4:30! Come celebrate and explore our new Creative Space! You’ll have a chance to enjoy a hands-on experience with some of the new equipment. We are excited to be collaborating with the Engineering Technological Centers to provide this exciting new Creative Space!
New equipment includes:
Matter and Form 3D Scanner!
- 3D Scanners: Matter & Form; Sense 3D; Structor for iPad; Xbox Kinect
- Virtual Reality Station: Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Headset; Leap Motion Controller
- 3D Cameras: 360fly 4K & RICOH Theta
- 2 Collaboration Tables: each with 43” (4K) quad monitor; stationary computer; laptop jacks
- Modeling Station: 4 Computers; Leap Motion Controllers; Wacom Drawing Tablets; 3D Modeling Software
- Tool Library: Canon PowerShot Camera; Tape Measure; Screwdrivers; Light Meters; Webcam; Creative Boxes; other Technology Tools; Hand Tools; Measuring Tools; and LabQuest Equipment.
Updated Study Spaces! We have updated our 43 individual study carrels – they are now equipped with electrical outlets, so you can be sure all your electronics stay powered up. There will also be individual lights installed on each carrel! And don’t forget we have 2 scanners, ITS computers, gamer chairs, bean bag chairs, and group study tables. We have 2 group study pods – Pod 1 is equipped with MediaScape. And the group study pods will now have electronic reservation systems! Our lower level is a dedicated quiet space – we have a space for all your study needs!
Tool Library Additions! We now have cables and chargers in our Tool Library along with the Creative Space specialty tools! We have 30 pin to VGA, 30 pin wall charger, lightning wall charger, micro USB wall charger and more! Check here for a complete look at what is available to check out!
Wondering how long you can check out any of our many resources – including the Tool Library – check our circulation policy webpage!
E-Books on the Bookshelves!
A pilot project is making our e-book resources accessible on our bookshelves!
- Each e-book has a book-sized plastic case shelved by call number.
- Each case has spine label, and both front and back covers
- There is a QR code on the spine
- NFC tag on the back cover
- Inside the case are info sheets which may be taken by the user. The information includes title, call number, and web address.
New and Updated Resources!!
Over 100 years of history, IHS Jane’s is the most trusted & respected public source of defense and security information in the world. Jane’s is available only to On-Campus Users. Our subscription includes:
- Jane’s Aero-Engines
- Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft Development & Production
- Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft in Service
- Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft Unmanned
- Jane’s Fighting Ships
We now have 800 synthesis lectures which are 50-100 page electronic books with in-depth analysis of a current topic in 22 different areas including:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- 2016 Editions now available In our reference section (non-circulating)
- Provides construction cost estimates, including: City Cost Indexes; Crew Composition; Labor; Profit Rates; Materials; Facilities Repair; Productivity Rates; and Green Building
Protocols are presented in a “recipe” style providing step-by-step descriptions of procedures which you can take to the lab and immediately apply in your own research.
- More than 650 ebooks from MIT Press dating back as far as 1943
- approximately 65% of titles in computing-related fields, such as computer science, artificial intelligence, information theory, and computer programming
- Providing access to numerical and graphical data on the properties of materials
- Search by elements, structure, or corrosion
Provides access to over 175,000 continuously updated technical reports. Subjects include aerospace, automotive, and commercial vehicles. The reports date bask as far as 1906.
And, as always, Kari Kozak
, Head of the Lichtenberger Engineering Library and Qianjin (Marina) Zhang
, Engineering & Informatics Librarian are here to answer your questions!
Want to see the number of how the Engineering Library did last year? Check out this infographic!
So many exciting things are happening here! And so many more exciting things to come!
M-Th: 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Welcome back to campus – we look forward to seeing you!!