Each week we will highlight one of the many databases we have here at the Pomerantz Business Library.
Where to find it: You can find it here, and under P in the databases A-Z list.
The PsycINFO database covers the professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, and other areas. PsycINFO’s coverage is worldwide, and includes references and abstracts to over 1500 journals in more than 35 languages, and book chapters and books in the English language. Over 50,000 references are added annually. Popular literature is excluded.
Use it to find:
- Journal articles, book chapters, book reviews, editorials
- Clinical case reports, empirical studies, literature reviews
- Includes disciplines such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics,etc
- Includes topics such as: Advertising, Marketing, Decision Making, Consumer Behavior, Job performance, Organizational Behavior, etc.
Tips for searching:
- Use the Easy Search or Advanced search options
- Use the sidebar on the left to narrow your results
- PsycINFO does not provide full-text. Always search our e -Journal listings to see if we have access to the journal. See a tutorial here.