It’s Love Your Data Week! A five-day international event to help researchers take better care of their data. Did you know there are resources on campus to help you create a management plan to store, organize, document, share, and preserve your research data? Research Data Services can help!
- PLAN: Does your funding agency require a data management plan? We can help!
- STORE: ITS offers several secure storage services in support of research.
- ORGANIZE: A logical structure of folders and files can facilitate access to research data. Use directory structures, file naming conventions, and version control so you can find what you need later.
- DOCUMENT: It’s important to create some form of documentation, such as a ReadMe.txt file, to describe your research data to those outside your research group.
- SHARE & PRESERVE: Data repositories can be used share and preserve your research data, providing long term access in compliance with funding requirements.
- DISCOVER: Use databases and repositories to find datasets produced by others.
If you have questions about any of the services described above, please contact us for assistance. And make sure to stop by one of the campus libraries this week for candy and a bookmark!