As you may have already heard, the University has acquired a campus-wide license for EndNote and the UI Libraries will end its subscription to RefWorks on December 31, 2014 (more info). Any free RefWorks accounts you have created will not be available after that date, but you can transfer your references to another service quickly and easily. In order to help our RefWorks users make this transition, we are offering several RefWorks to EndNote Transition workshops this summer:
- Friday, June 13, 10-11:00 am
- Monday, June 23, 1:30-2:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 8, 2-3 pm
- Wednesday, July 23, 3-4 pm
- Thursday, August 7, 4-5 pm
- Wednesday, August 20, 2:30-3:30 pm
In each workshop you will learn how to:
- Sign up for a free EndNote Basic account;
- Transfer your references from RefWorks to EndNote Basic;
- Export references from popular databases for importing into EndNote Basic;
- Use EndNote Basic to organize and share references;
- Use EndNote Basic to format a bibliography in one of thousands of different styles;
- Use the Cite While You Write plugin for Microsoft Word;
- Get help when you need it!
All workshops are free and open to all UI students, faculty and staff. Workshops will be held in the Sciences Library classroom (102 SL). There is no need to register. If you would like assistance with transitioning from RefWorks and are unable to attend one of these workshops, please contact Sara Scheib to arrange a one-on-one consultation. If you have any questions, please contact Sara Scheib.