The August 2012 theses and dissertations are now available in Iowa Research Online (IRO), which is the repository of the research and scholarly output selected and deposited by the faculty, researchers and students of the University of Iowa. IRO is part of the larger Open Access movement to transform scholarly communication.
The sciences departments in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences are well represented in IRO with the following departments contributing new disserations and theses.
- Chemistry – 3 contributions
- Geoscience – 3 contributions
- Mathematics – 9 contributions
- Physics – 5 contributions
- Statistics – 1 contributions
The UI Libraries are also happy to announce some improved functionality in Iowa Research Online.
- The internal search options are dramatically improved with facets included in the search results.
- There is a new follow option. You can now follow a series, person, discipline, etc. All you have to do is sign up for a free bepress account and then click follow. You will receive an email when new content is added.
- The disciplines are now more connected to other sites. The page listing them has been reorganized so that you can see the subdisciplines, authors and the works in the discipline. If an item is in a subdiscipline, it should also appear in the parent discipline. Each page includes a link to the “commons” which links all the bepress participating institutions together.
If you have any questions about the IRO or if you would like to deposit your research there, please contact the Sciences Library.