Each week we will highlight one of the many databases we have here at the Pomerantz Business Library.
The database: D&B Key Business Ratios
From their website”Key Business Ratios on the Web (KBR) provides immediate online access to competitive benchmarking data. This powerful tool lets researchers examine industry benchmarks compiled from D&B®’s database of public and private companies, featuring 14 key business ratios (users choose a one-year or three-year set of ratios) for public and private companies in 800 lines of business.”
Use it to find:
- Industry ratios
- Company information
- Solvency Ratios
- Efficiency Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
Tips for searching:
- To search for industry ratios – type an industry code (SIC or NAICs)
- To display company information – click to company sub-tab of the reports section, sort by company name, SIC, line of Business, DUNS number, NAIC, MSA, City, Sate or Country.
- You can also perform a comparative analysis
- Use the Ratios tab to calculate key business ratios (solvency, efficiency and profitability)
- Use the Help Guides – top right corner