This does mean that the collection will be unavailable or be subject to limited availability at various points during the move.
Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- Saturday, July 23: This is the last day the collection will be available prior to the move.
- Monday, July 25: The Music Library move begins. Collections are unavailable to all patrons.
- Friday, August 5: The Music Library move is complete.
- Monday August 8: Collections are ONLY accessible by faculty and staff with access to the Voxman Music Building. Student and public patrons will NOT have access to the collection at this time.
- Monday August 22: The Voxman Music Building opens. The Rita Benton Music Library collections are accessible by all patrons.
If you need scores, recordings, and other music materials during the month of limited access, please use Interlibrary Loan or UBorrow to request items from other libraries. Make sure your delivery location remains the Main Library until the move is completed.
The Music Library appreciates your patience during this time. Please come visit us in our new space on the first floor of the Voxman Music Building at the start of the semester!
To receive additional updates on what’s happening at the Rita Benton Music Library, subscribe to this blog feed.