The 95th edition of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics is now available in print and online.
The new edition is expanded with 22 new tables, including:
- Common Symbols Used in Gas and Liquid Chromatographic Schematic Diagrams
- Abbreviations Used in the Assessment and Presentation of Laboratory Hazards
- Incompatible Chemicals
- Explosion (Shock) Hazards
- Water-Reactive Chemicals
- Testing Requirements for Peroxidizable Compounds
- Tests for the Presence of Peroxides
- Pyrophoric Compounds – Compounds That Are Reactive with Air
- Flammability Hazards of Common Solvents
- Selection of Protective Laboratory Garments
- Laser Hazards in the Laboratory
Revised tables include:
- Update of Bond Dissociation Engines
- Major Update of Electron Stopping Powers
- Major Update of Interstellar Molecules
- Update of Atmospheric Concentration of Carbon Dioxide, 1958-2013
- Update of Global Temperature Trend, 1880-2013
- Update of Sources of Physical and Chemical Data
In addition, for those interested in the history of chemistry and physics, beginning with the 94th edition and in each succeeding edition, highlights of the achievements of renowned chemists and physicists will be included.
The 95th edition features: Galileo Galilei, James Clerk Maxwell, Marie Sklodowska Curie, and Linus Carl Pauling, who follow last year’s group: Isaac Newton, Niels Bohr, Antoine Lavoisier and Dmitri Mendeleev.