Steel bridges : conceptual and structural design of steel and steel-concrete composite bridges / Jean-Paul Lebet, Manfred A. Hirt ; translated from the French by Graham Couchman.
Available at Engineering Library (TG380 .L43 2013 )
The book is divided in 5 parts.
- The first part is the a general introduction to bridges and terminology and giving a historic background to steel bridges.
- The second part considers conceptual design.
- The third part is dedicated to analysis and design of the structural member of steel and composite bridges.
- The fourth deals with the peculiarities of other bridges such as railway bridges, bridges for pedestrians and cyclists and arch bridges.
- The final part contains a numerical example for a composite bridge.
- The guidance can be extended and applied to other types of structures. The content of this book deals first of all, and in detail, with road bridges, followed by chapters with specifics of railway and bridges for pedestrian and cyclists.