The Pomerantz Business Library has arranged a trial to Sage Business Cases. The trial ends May 1, 2016.
SAGE Business Cases brings business to life – inspiring researchers to develop their own best practices and prepare for professional success. Teaching notes are included with the trial access. In order to set up teaching notes, please follow these instructions.
If you think that Sage Business Cases would be a good addition (or not a good addition) to the collection, please send comments to Business Library Head Librarian Kimberlyfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The Business Library will serve free coffee 9:00 am-6:00 pm, Monday-Friday of exam week, December 14-18. In addition, check out events at the Hardin Library. Main Library will be posting finals’ activities as well.
The Plot Twist, featured in the New York Times, describes a strong resurgence in print sales, fueled in part by sharper business practices by sellers, as well as a drop in e-books’ popularity.
University students and staff can also read the article via Bloomberg (requires sign-in):
The Pomerantz Business Library has 12 new Dell Latitudes.
- Software includes Microsoft Office 2013.
- Laptops have Webcams for use with Skype (included).
- Users can print with Web printing (http://printing.its.uiowa.edu).
- University students and staff can use their ID’s to borrow a laptop for 4-hour loan (Library use only).
From physical facilities to sexual assault, Collegeland, a New York Times Magazine special is also available in print at the Pomerantz Business Library.
Congratulations to Kimberly Bloedel, Head of the Pomerantz Business Library! She is one of three people PrivCo has recognized for exemplary support and advancement of the profession. “Kimberly should be commended for excellence in collaborative partnerships and instruction.” – Judging Panel
In addition to the University Holiday, Saturday, July 4th, the Pomerantz Business Library will be closed two additional Saturdays this summer: June 20th and August 1st.
Stop by the Business Library 9 am–5 pm during finals week for a free cup of coffee. Add some creamer and sugar—and study away!
Best of luck, students and staff.
Passport is Euromonitor International’s global market analysis software platform, which analyses the industry in countries around the world. It monitors industry trends and gives strategic analysis and a market size and market share database for products across all key countries.
The trial for this product ends March 20, 2015. Please send additional comments to Kim Bloedel.
Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands, now in online format, is available from the University of Iowa Libraries. Need to find out how about a country and its culture before you initiate business? Select a country and learn.*
*You will need to enter your name and University ID to access this site.
“Measurable success in the global marketplace begins with an expert understanding of international protocols, practices, and cultural cues. Without it, businesses and organizations cannot develop a competitive network of customers, suppliers, and, most important, talent.
Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands delivers essential knowledge for business people who are working abroad, traveling for business, or managing global teams from a domestic location. It empowers people to open borders, minds, and markets in more than 60 countries around the world. Each comprehensive country profile includes:
- Country Background – history, government, language, cultural viewpoint
- Tips on Doing Business – local style, typical business values
- Cultural Orientation – cognitive styles, values, decision making
- Cultural IQ Quiz – avoid costly faux pas (If presented with a gift in China, is it considered rude not to open it in front of your hosts?)
- Know Before You Go – streaming weather, driving orientation, getting around
- Protocol – greetings, forms of address, dress, dining, gifting conventions
- Business Practices – importance of punctuality, negotiation practices, entertaining
- Cultural Notes – dos and dont’s for conversations, common misunderstandings
- Key Phrases in Local Languages – with audio to ensure correct pronunciation
- Holidays – Up-to-date calendar of official holidays
- Downloadable Content – that gives easy, portable access to these and other features anywhere in the world”
- “Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands” site