Are you looking for a quiet place to study on the north side of campus? The Sciences Library is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5 PM, and we have study booths, study carrels, and large tables that you can use for group or individual study. We have Legos, K’NEX, and coloring on hand for you in case you find that you need a study break. We have streaming music and feature films if you would like a different kind of escape. You can also check out our Finals Week Stress Relief Guide to find web comics, animal live cams, virtual nature tours, online puzzles, and more!
Tag: study space
Head to the Sciences Library for a comfortable, quiet place to study! We offer a variety of study spots. There are many computer stations, study carrels and booths with USB and outlets for phones and computers, tables, and large mobile monitors to use for sharing your computer screen. This year we have new paint, new carpeting, and new rolling white boards!
The Sciences Library is located between Phillips Hall and the Biology Building on Iowa Ave. The building is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 6 PM. During the pandemic we have hygiene stations available with disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. A face covering is required, and yellow stickers mark off seats that are to remain unoccupied. The book stacks are closed so that we can offer more electronic book access. If you would like to pick up a book, go to the service desk on the first floor.
Our live chat service is available during the day and also from 6-9 PM on Monday through Thursday, and 1-5 PM on Sunday.
Hope to see you soon!
Study at the Sciences Library during finals week to take advantage of free coffee and snacks! Coloring, Legos, and games are available if you need a study break. We have lots of seating options: bean bag chairs, study carrels, large tables, and computer stations. Best of luck on your finals, Hawkeyes!
Find your way to the Sciences Library to study for finals week! Fuel up with free refreshments: homemade brownie bites, cookies, coffee, and tea! Refresh with coloring, origami, and games. Give a friend a boost, or rejuvenate yourself with tear-off compliments! Choose from a variety of study spots: bean bag chairs, study carrels, computer stations, and large tables. Get last minute research help from your librarians. Good luck on your finals, Hawkeyes!
Welcome to the Spring 2019 Semester, Hawkeyes! Here are three tips to help you start your semester:
- Check to see if your textbooks are on course reserve at the library
- Visit the Sciences Library to study in a comfy bean bag chair, carrel, or table; to use our free scanner; and to enjoy free coffee and tea!
- Need help with scientific literature databases such as arXiv, GeoRef, PubMed, or SciFinder? Make an appointment for a research consultation, or email us: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
10. You can connect with us on Facebook and Twitter!
9. You can email, call, or schedule an appointment with one of our librarians (Laurie Neuerburg or Leo Clougherty) if you need help finding books, articles, or anything else for your research.
8. You can use our scanner on the 1st floor for free.
7. You can take a rest and study comfortably using our bean bag chairs, tables, armchairs, and carrels.
6. It’s easy to visit us from downtown–you will find us on Iowa Ave across from Joe’s Place.
5. Our mascot is a gorilla named Chauncey.
4. We can help you find datasets online and properly manage your own research data.
3. Our building was designed to be an anatomical theater for medical students and so the back of the building has a semicircular shape!
2. You can use our subject guides to find the best resources for your research in astronomy, biology, chemistry, environmental science, physics, and more.
1. We provide free coffee and tea!