If you are currently using the classic version of SciFinder, it is time to start using SciFinder-n. Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) will discontinue the “classic” SciFinder interface on Dec. 31, 2022.
SciFinder-n, will be the only SciFinder platform moving forward.
- If you are already using SciFinder-n, you do not need to do anything.
- Your SciFinder credentials will work with SciFinder-n. You do not need to register for a new account.
- Any bookmarks will automatically redirect to SciFinder-n.
- If you have saved answer sets and search alerts for the classic version of SciFinder, you will need to migrate them into SciFinder-n before Dec. 31, 2022.
To access SciFinder-n, go to the Sciences Library SciFinder guide. The link on this page will work from anywhere.
If you have any questions, or problems, please contact one of the sciences librarians here https://www.lib.uiowa.edu/sciences/contact/.
You can also learn more about SciFinder-n on the above guide, or review the following pages at CAS:
- “Moving from SciFinder to CAS SciFinder-n” webinar recording that may be of interest during the transition phase.
- Informative brochure about SciFinder-n.
- On-demand SciFinder-n training resources.