Join us at the Sciences Library on Friday, April 26th from 2-4:30 pm as we celebrate Earth Day! Explore climate science through hands-on experiments with Dr. Stone’s chemistry research group, the Iowa City Science Booster Club, and Earth & Environmental scientists!
Did you ever wonder…
- Why do some gases warm the atmosphere?
- How do particles cool the earth?
- How do clouds form?
- Why are the oceans becoming more acidic?
- What is albedo and how does it affect climate?
- What lessens the heat island effect?
Activities for all ages. This is a free event. Bring your questions and join us for refreshments!
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Laurie Neuerburg in advance at 319-467-0216.