I earned my MA in Library & Information Science at the University of Iowa, and my BA in International Relations from Beloit College. I have several years of library experience at Kirkwood Community College and the Pella Public Library. I also worked for 6 years as a Pharmacy Technician at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics.
I’m available for consultations and instruction sessions 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday – Friday and by appointment. My office is in 453 Van Allen Hall, but I also frequently pop over to the Sciences Library, so if I’m not in my office, please contact me by phone (319-335-3024) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I would be happy to come meet with you one-on-one or visit your class to provide an overview of Sciences Library services or an in-depth information session about specific services or resources. Possible topics include:
• Finding books and other library materials
• Getting books and other materials from libraries all over the world
• Finding journal articles using databases such as Web of Science or SciFinder
• Avoiding plagiarism
• Using web applications to manage bibliographic citations
• Research strategies tailored to specific assignments
• Other topics as needed
So stop by and see me sometime. I’d love to meet you!