The Greater Midwest Region (GMR) @Hardin Library and South Central Region (SCR) of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine present a jointly sponsored webinar :
Data Research Services: University of Michigan Experience
Thursday, July 21, 2-3pm CDT
This webinar session is focused on interviewing Jake Carlson and Marisa Conte, both who are involved in research data services at the University of Michigan. Join us to learn how data services support interactions between scientists and librarians, and how these interactions create new opportunities for health sciences libraries.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- needs assessments to inform a research data service
- the importance of teaching data literacy
- data management requirement from funding agencies
- value of health science libraries as partners in data management
Jake Carlson is the Research Data Services Manager for the UM Library. He oversees the development and implementation of a data services program designed to apply the practices, principles and perspectives of library science to address researchers’ needs in managing, organizing, sharing and preserving their research data. More information about Jake and the work that he has done is available on his website.
As the Translational Research and Data Informationist, Marisa Conte [Profile] provides research support to clinical and basic scientists with an emphasis on translational research. Her areas of expertise include data management, biomedical informatics, collaborative technologies, and expert literature searching.
To join the meeting:
- Go to: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/jointwebinar/
- At the log in screen, choose “Enter as a Guest” and type in your name.
- Once the room is open, the system will provide you with a phone number to dial-in and a participant code to connect to the audio.
- Please use *6 to mute or unmute your phone.
Problems? Contact the SCR Regional Medical Library (RML) office at 817-735-2223.