Imagine! Tinker! Design! Create!
We’re Having an Open House!
We are having an Open House on September 8 from 2:30 to 4:30! Come celebrate and explore our new Creative Space! You’ll have a chance to enjoy a hands-on experience with some of the new equipment. We are excited to be collaborating with the Engineering Technological Centers to provide this exciting new Creative Space!
- 3D Scanners: Matter & Form; Sense 3D; Structor for iPad; Xbox Kinect
- Virtual Reality Station: Oculus Rift Virtual Reality Headset; Leap Motion Controller
- 3D Cameras: 360fly 4K & RICOH Theta
- 2 Collaboration Tables: each with 43” (4K) quad monitor; stationary computer; laptop jacks
- Modeling Station: 4 Computers; Leap Motion Controllers; Wacom Drawing Tablets; 3D Modeling Software
- Tool Library: Canon PowerShot Camera; Tape Measure; Screwdrivers; Light Meters; Webcam; Creative Boxes; other Technology Tools; Hand Tools; Measuring Tools; and LabQuest Equipment.
Updated Study Spaces! We have updated our 43 individual study carrels – they are now equipped with electrical outlets, so you can be sure all your electronics stay powered up. There will also be individual lights installed on each carrel! And don’t forget we have 2 scanners, ITS computers, gamer chairs, bean bag chairs, and group study tables. We have 2 group study pods – Pod 1 is equipped with MediaScape. And the group study pods will now have electronic reservation systems! Our lower level is a dedicated quiet space – we have a space for all your study needs!
Tool Library Additions! We now have cables and chargers in our Tool Library along with the Creative Space specialty tools! We have 30 pin to VGA, 30 pin wall charger, lightning wall charger, micro USB wall charger and more!
Wondering how long you can check out any of our many resources – including the Tool Library – check our circulation policy webpage!
- Each e-book has a book-sized plastic case shelved by call number.
- Each case has spine label, and both front and back covers
- There is a QR code on the spine
- NFC tag on the back cover
- Inside the case are info sheets which may be taken by the user. The information includes title, call number, and web address.
New and Updated Resources!!
- Jane’s Aero-Engines
- Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft Development & Production
- Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft in Service
- Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft Unmanned
- Jane’s Fighting Ships
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- 2016 Editions now available In our reference section (non-circulating)
- Provides construction cost estimates, including: City Cost Indexes; Crew Composition; Labor; Profit Rates; Materials; Facilities Repair; Productivity Rates; and Green Building
- Current Protocols in Bioinformatics
- Current Protocols in Cell Biology
- Current Protocols in Essential Laboratory Techniques
- Current Protocols in Immunology
- Current Protocols in Microbiology
- Current Protocols in Molecular Biology
- Current Protocols in Neuroscience
- Current Protocols in Protein Science
- Current Protocols in Stem Cell Biology
- Current Protocols in Toxicology
- More than 650 ebooks from MIT Press dating back as far as 1943
- approximately 65% of titles in computing-related fields, such as computer science, artificial intelligence, information theory, and computer programming
- Providing access to numerical and graphical data on the properties of materials
- Search by elements, structure, or corrosion
Want to see the number of how the Engineering Library did last year? Check out this infographic!
So many exciting things are happening here! And so many more exciting things to come!