Natural Standard is a series of electronic tools that provide evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies. It contains 9 databases, symptom and interaction checkers, and tools such as calculators and a product label database.
For each therapy covered by Natural Standard, a research team gathers scientific data and expert opinions. Validated rating scales are used to evaluate the quality of available evidence. Information is incorporated into comprehensive monographs which are designed to facilitate clinical decision making. All monographs undergo blinded editorial and peer review prior to inclusion.
Recently, an updated site was released. There are both functional and cosmetic changes; some of the most notable are as follows:
- Removal of pop ups
- Addition of breadcrumbs and back arrows for improved navigation
- Addition of print/PDF and email functionality
- Enhanced feedback functionality
- Content increased with new monographs; updating of old monographs is occurring in real time
- Extended the free handheld download program for subscribers thru end of 2011. You can obtain the free download of this product from this page.
Please contact your library liasion if you are interested in learning more about this resource: http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/liaisons.html