For more information, please review the complete job announcement.
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Collections and Outreach, the Clinical Education Librarian plans, promotes and provides information services that support the needs of residents and, to a lesser degree, faculty, researchers, staff and students, of the Carver College of Medicine and the affiliated hospital.
• As liaison to academic and clinical units, cultivates relationships with residents and faculty to identify opportunities for library partnerships with education and health care programs.
• Develops and teaches tailored library education sessions. Coordinates education services for liaison units. Works with faculty to integrate library education into the curriculum.
• In support of research and education, assists patrons with research and information management tools and skills through individual and small group consultations. Coordinates consultation services for liaison units.
• Partners with other librarians to market library services and promote increased awareness of scholarly communication issues on the health campus.
• Provides information and circulation services at the public service desk in-person and via telephone, email and instant messenger.
• Investigates new technologies and works with others to develop and revise programs to respond to the changing information needs of members of the health campus.
• Works with other Hardin Library staff members on public services projects for the health campus and health professionals and consumers in the State of Iowa.
• Serves on Hardin Library, University Libraries, health colleges, university and hospital committees and working groups.
• Contributes to and learns from the profession through such avenues as local, state and national professional organizations and publications.