Over the summer, Hardin Library has acquired electronic access to two new evidence based resources.
InfoRetriever is database system of filtered, synopsized, evidence-based information. It’s integrated search engine users to simultaneously search, via keyword, the following databases:
- POEMs: 2,461 (the full collection)
- Cochrane Database abstracts: 1,964 (the full collection)
- Evidence-based guideline summaries: 738
- Clinical Decision Rules: 207
- Diagnostic test calculators (unique combinations of symptom -> disease -> test): 1116
- H&PE calculators (unique combinations of symptom -> disease -> test): 1087
- The complete 5-Minute Clinical Consult (1,036 summaries and 542 photos)
- ICD-9 lookup tool including the 1,500 most-commonly needed codes
InfoRetriever is available via a web interface, with PDA downloads available. It is updated at least 3 times per year. Updates include all recent POEMs, updates of the different databases, as well as other program enhancements.
To access InfoRetriever, go to http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/hardin/infopoems.html or go to the Hardin home page and select Evidence Based Practice under Subject Links. From the Evidence Based Practice page, select Databases.
ACP PIER (American College of Physicians Physicians’ Information and Education Resouce) is a decision-support tool that is designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of evidence-based guidance for physicians. The various modules within ACP PIER focus on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. These modules include Diseases, Screening and Prevention, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Ethical and Legal issues, Procedures, and Drug Information.
ACP PIER is available through STAT!Ref (http://purl.lib.uiowa.edu/statref), which is listed under the Resources section of the Hardin home page. PDA downloads will be available soon.