Thomson Reuters recommends that users accessing Thomson ONE use Internet Explorer. Additionally, users may want to disable pop-up blocking to successfully view all content.
Trying to read PDFs in EBSCOhost databases using the Mac browser Safari often results in a “missing plug-in” error. Please try one of these solutions:
- Install the Schubert|it PDF Browser Plugin.
- Instead of Safari, use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Download or email the PDF, then open it.
When logging in from off-campus via the proxy server, you may receive a security certificate error. This is because the security certificate is being read as “www.refworks.com.proxy.lib.uiowa.edu/…” when you log in through the proxy server. Accept the exception/click OK (depending on your web browser) to continue to RefWorks.
If you are using Internet Explorer version 9 (IE9), you will need to Enable Protected Mode under the Security tab before accepting the certificate.
Some resources* are not compatible with Internet Explorer 9.
- Click the Compatibility View toolbar button to display the website as viewed in Internet Explorer 8.
- If the above doesn’t work in ProQuest, try also enabling Active X filtering (Tools –> gear icon –> Safety).
* Web of Knowledge (including Web of Science), ProQuest, SimplyMap, and Scopus apps.
When using China Academic Journals (CAJ), publisher East View encourages the use of Internet Explorer. IE will display a message if the appropriate language font pack is missing (other browsers may simply display an error message). If you see this message, search for the Asian language font pack on the Adobe website.