Iowa Research Online had an impressive 1,506,333 items downloaded in 2014. When all supplemental content is included, this number increases to 1,558,358! IRO currently has 16,209 full text items, 1,521 supplements and 118 streaming items (not included in download numbers).
While most use came from the United States, 15% of the use came from other places, including the United Kingdom, India, Canada, Germany and Australia, and 187 other countries.
Our theses and dissertations are downloaded more than anything else in IRO. All together, they total close to 60% of the total downloads!
Our highest use items are
- Twitter Data Stream: Obama McChrystal – 16,632 downloads
- Nurse manager competencies – 12,253 downloads
- Design of wind turbine tower and foundation systems: optimization approach – 10.171 downloads
- Chemical, physical and mechanical properties of nanomaterials and its applications – 7,586 downloads
- Three essays on the customer satisfaction-customer loyalty association – 7,375 downloads
Congratulations to all the authors and journal editors!